Friday 12 October 2007

40 - Love

John predicted I would write something like the following entry:

I work in a company where there are around 40 people - I am the only English person. The rest are French apart from one Dutch guy.

If you follow rugby, you will know that it is the World Cup and that England play France tomorrow in the semi-finals - I am being constantly taunted about how we will lose (I actually agree with them, but would never admit it). The Dutch guy has regressed 300 years and become a South African for the weekend (not that the Dutch or English have anything to be proud about with their colonies, but that's another story).

In the style of Kevin Keegan (see the last 3 seconds of this video), I would love it if we beat the French by 40 points tomorrow. If we lose, I have to bring 40 croissants to work; 1 for everyone.

Oh yeah, and I am 40 years old today...

6 comments:

solla said...

Thanks, I couldn't resist saying it!

John Conners said...

Happy birthday young man - and what a milestone!

You know, I've got a funny feeling that England might go all the way and win the final...

solla said...

Coming from a Scot, saying that England might win the World Cup is a bold statement and one that will probably mean that you will never be allowed back home...

ArcticFox said...

Happy birthday.... I think you need to get your boulanger's hat on and get that bread in!!

I AM a big fan of numerology and the significance of things that tie together like the number forty..... believe it or not.... the significance of forty is actually "creation" - read into that what you will.... me, personally, when numbers run together like that.... I just feel it's going to go my way.

Good luck.

FoX

Kenny said...

By 'eck Stu. I thought you were way younger than me and it transpires you're actually older. Quelle surprise.

That fact is about as surprising as England actually having won given how pants they are.

Happy Bidet anyway mate; may you have many more.

solla said...

You thought I was younger than you? It is either because of my youthful good looks or immature attitude. I think I know which one it is :-)