Monday 2 July 2007

A bad trip

How about this for a Monday morning trip to work? I had to take the tram and know the journey by heart. However, this morning, I cycled to the tram stop (Lyon has a network of free bikes). After a couple of stops on the tram, I realised that a seizure was arriving (I found it hard to concentrate on the words in my book). I then did not know where I was. All I knew was that I was on the way to work and that when I got on the tram I knew where I was going so I must be going in the right direction. A couple of stops before mine, I realised where I was and all was well with the world. The good thing about all this is that you see things as if it is the first time so a tram ride becomes a voyage of discovery - who said I was a glass-half-empty kind of guy.

Still, I have a long-awaited trip to the neurologist this evening, so he can make another guess as to what treatment might work. I feel like a lab-rat.

2 comments:

John Conners said...

What a nightmare, I didn't realise you have to live with having to deal with that sort of thing. Can't be easy knowing that you can be out of control at any time.

solla said...

It's very unsettling but this is a relatively new phenomenon. Hopefully it'll be sorted in the mid-term - I saw the neurologist last night but that's the subject for a future post...